All passengers must pass through security control after check-in and before entering the departure lounge at SSR International Airport.
Liquids, aerosols and gels (LAGs)
In line with the recommendations of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), security restrictions for carriage of LAGs on board are as below:
All LAG (liquids, aerosols and gels) items carried in hand baggage must be stored in containers of capacity not exceeding 100ml / 100gm / 3.40z. Containers larger than 100ml will not be accepted, even if they are partly filled;
Containers must be placed in a transparent re-sealable plastic bag with a capacity of not exceeding one litre or less, which must seal completely;
The plastic bag must be presented separately from other hand baggage for inspection at the security point. Only one transparent plastic bag per passenger is permitted;
To facilitate screening and to avoid a cluttered x-ray image, such plastic bags containing the items should be presented apart from other cabin baggage, coats/jackets or laptops for separate x-ray screening.
- Exemptions could be made for medications (upon medical certificate), baby milk (to be sip) / food and special dietary requirements (medical Certificate), subject to verification. Passengers may be requested to verify the nature of such liquids, aerosols and gas;
- Exemptions (of LAGs) are applied to flight crew in uniform and on duty during flights;
Transfer passengers (passengers making direct connections between two different flights) are informed that:
The same security measures and restrictions apply as for originating passengers.
Transfer passenger with duty free goods packed in Security Tamper Evident Bag (STEB) shall be accepted at the cabin baggage screening on the following conditions;
- The STEB is as per ICAO Requirement. http://www.icao.int/security/SFP/LAGS_STEBS/Pages/default.aspx
- You must show proof of purchase with the receipt affixed on the STEB.
- The bag does not show any indication of tampering or is opened.
- The bag may be subjected to additional screening to detect traces of explosives.
- When transiting or transferring at another airport (s) you must confirm with your aircraft operator or airport duty free retailers whether LAGs carried in duly packed STEB will be accepted during transit at a foreign airport.
- If you are originating from Mauritius you will not be allowed to take oversized LAGs though it might be in STEB, sealed and with your receipt.