Passengers are kindly requested to check with their airlines for flight information or for the latest travel advisory before their travel.
As from 1st October 2021
Visit the website of the Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority to get the latest updates about travel requirements...
Travel restrictions valid up to 30 Sep 2021
- undergo a PCR test for COVID-19 between 3 and 7 days prior to boarding at the last port of embarkation and the result of which shall be negative.
- produce proof of a travel package in one of the authorised quarantine centres or resort hotels for up to 14 days or 7 days as applicable.
- undergo a swabbing with regard to PCR test upon arrival at SSR International Airport.
- have to undergo a COVID-19 PCR test on day 7, subject to length of stay.
- wear a surgical N95/FFP2 mask during the flight, at the Airport and while commuting to their designated hotel.
- make frequent use of hand sanitizer during their transit at the Airport.
- be subjected to body temperature check by the Health Authorities on their arrival at SSR International Airport. Passengers having temperature above 37.8 degrees Celsius will be taken charge by the Health Authorities.
- abide by all sanitary health protocols as laid down in the protocol set out by the Ministry of Health and Wellness for the authorised quarantine centres or resort hotels.
2. The following passengers will be allowed to stay in an authorised resort hotel:
- fully vaccinated passengers (two doses of an authorised vaccine, the second dose having been administered at least two weeks prior to their arrival in Mauritius, or one dose of Johnson and Johnson (Janssen) having been administered at least 28 days prior to travel)
- passengers having contracted Covid-19 infection (official document to be presented as proof) and been administered one dose of an authorized vaccine at least 14 days prior to their arrival in Mauritius
- passengers under 18 years accompanying their parents will be allowed to stay in the same resort as their vaccinated parents
These passengers shall abide by the following conditions:
- have a firm reservation at a state designated resort hotel.
- produce proof of vaccination with an authorised vaccine. Check out the FAQ section on Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority's website for a list of authorised vaccines in Mauritius.
- have free movement within the resort compound and access to authorised activities.
- no excursion outside the resort will be authorised.
- passenger departing before day 7 will be conveyed to the Airport through a sanitary corridor.
- ending of quarantine will be subject to a negative PCR test at day 7 or later, excluding the day of arrival.
- any fully vaccinated passenger unwilling to purchase the resort holiday package will be accommodated at an authorised quarantine centre as an unvaccinated traveller.
3. Unvaccinated passengers shall abide by the following conditions:
- have a firm reservation at a state designated quarantine facility.
- undergo a mandatory quarantine for a minimum of 14 days.
- be confined to their hotel rooms during the 14-day quarantine period.
- all meals will be delivered in the hotel rooms.
- ending of quarantine at day 14 will be subject to a negative PCR test on day 14.
4. In case of a positive COVID-19 PCR test result, the person shall be transferred to a public medical institution for treatment.
DOMESTIC FLIGHTS FROM RODRIGUES
Passengers are kindly requested to check with Air Mauritius for flight information or for the latest travel advisory before their travel.
Travel Restrictions valid up to 30 September 2021
Passengers will be allowed to travel to Mauritius, subject to the following conditions:
- Passengers have to wear surgical masks at all times, including during the flight.
- Body temperature check will be carried out at SSR International Airport and Plaine Corail Airport by the Health Authorities.
- Any passenger having temperature above 37.8 degrees Celcius and/or any symptoms of COVID 19, will not be allowed to travel.
- Physical distancing of at least 1m should be maintained by all staff and passengers within the Terminal and public areas.
- Only vaccinated passengers will be allowed to travel from Rodrigues to Mauritius. This shall not apply to minors.