20 October 2020
International flights to and from the following countries only will operate during the month of October 2020:
- Réunion (Air Mauritius)
- France (Air Mauritius)
- Dubai (Emirates)
Passengers are kindly requested to follow up with their respective airlines (Air Mauritius/Emirates) for flight information.
All prospective passengers, including Mauritian Citizens, Permanent Residents and Long-Term Visitors, travelling to Mauritius for the month of October 2020 must possess the following documents:
- a certificate of a negative PCR test administered not more than 5 - 7 days prior to the date of embarkation;
- a valid air ticket to Mauritius;
- proof of purchase of a travel package including accommodation, on a full board basis, at a hotel booked from the MTPA online reservation platform, for a mandatory 14-day in-room quarantine;
- a Health Declaration Form distributed and to be completed on board
- a Health Laboratory Form distributed and to be completed:
- on board for Air Mauritius flights
- prior to check-in/boarding at the port of embarkation for Emirates flights;
Attention is drawn to the fact that:
- Any arriving passenger will have to undergo a PCR Test upon arrival at the SSR International Airport, and thereafter on the 7th and 14th day at the hotel;
- If the PCR test reveals that a person is COVID-19 positive, the latter shall be taken care of by staff of the Ministry of Health and Wellness at the Hotel and be transferred to a public medical institution for treatment.
Only departing passengers with a valid air ticket will be granted access to the International Departure Hall. Exception will be made for a person accompanying a passenger with reduced mobility or special assistance needs, or an unaccompanied minor (UM).
DOMESTIC FLIGHTS TO AND FROM RODRIGUES
Following the successful resumption of one daily commercial flight on the Rodrigues route on 1 July 2020, this daily frequency has been increased to four flights per day.
Only departing passengers with a valid air ticket will be granted access to the Rodrigues Departure Hall. Exception will be made for a person accompanying a passenger with reduced mobility or special assistance needs, or an unaccompanied minor (UM).
Passengers are kindly requested to follow up with Air Mauritius for flight information.
Access to the Airport premises is limted to:
- A person accompanying a passenger with reduced mobility or special assistance needs, or an unaccompanied minor (UM)
- Operating staff
Passengers are kindly reminded that it is MANDATORY to wear a face mask and to respect social distancing at all times at the Airport.
Passengers are informed that only a few of the Airport's services will be available, e.g. only one or two restaurants may be operational. Passengers are kindly requested to take necessary precautions.
Nonetheless, exceptional sanitary measures have been taken for passengers' safety. Read more...
to watch MBC 's Journal Televise of 8 October 2020 (between 6:40 to 14:30) for news on ACI AHA accreditation of SSR International Airport, the sanitary protocol in place at the Airport and signature of an MoA between ATOL and the Ministry of Health and Wellness following reopening of the Mauritian border.
It is essential that any person who has reason to suspect that he is a case or carrier of COVID-19, or had contact with a person who has contracted COVID-19, act in a responsible manner so as to not expose other persons to the risk of infection by the disease.
For information on precautionary measures while travelling to keep you and those around you safe, please visit the official World Health Organisation website.
You may also check out the Mauritius Ministry of Health website for further information.